RegistrierenRegistrieren   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin
Startseite  Forum  Wissenswertes  Lexikon  BMI Rechner  Chat  Boardregeln & Netiquette  EmF Tour  FAQs
Suchen  Kalender  Downloads  Nickpageliste  Statistik  Weiterempfehlen  Partnerseiten  Buchtipps  Linkliste
Kontakt

When you got somebody like Carl behind the wheel,

Foren-Übersicht » When you got somebody like Carl behind the wheel,
Nachricht Autor
BeitragVerfasst: 12.12.2017 - 04:44  Nach oben Markiere Begriffe im Text und klicke auf diesen Button, um nach zusätzlichen Informationen bei Wikipedia zu suchen. Beitrag dem Moderator/Admin melden 

Titel: When you got somebody like Carl behind the wheel,
DETROIT -- Jeff Bower is returning to the NBA, this time to join the front office of the Detroit Pistons. Jetro Willems Jersey . Detroit announced Tuesday that Bower had been hired as the teams new general manager, part of an off-season overhaul in which Stan Van Gundy was hired last month as the coach and team president. Bower was the coach at Marist College last season, but he resigned that position Monday. "Im excited to join the Pistons organization and play a role in helping this franchise build on its great basketball tradition," Bower said in a statement. "I look forward to working with Stan, his staff and everyone in the Pistons organization to put together a team that the community can support and be proud of. Im also excited about ownerships commitment to winning and their demonstrated commitment to the community." The Pistons called a news conference for Wednesday to introduce Bower. Bower has been a general manager and coach in the NBA, holding both those positions with the New Orleans Hornets in 2009-10. "Jeff brings great basketball knowledge and NBA experience to our organization and hes enjoyed success in building teams," Van Gundy said. "Hes a great evaluator of talent and Jeff will bring solid leadership to our front office." Bower was the general manager of the Hornets from 2001-03 and again from 2005-10. Marist went 12-19 this past season under Bower, which was a two-game improvement from 2012-13. "I have a lot of respect for Jeff and the job he did in his time at Marist," athletic director Tim Murray said. "He laid the foundation for the program moving forward and I feel that this is a great opportunity for our next head coach. I wish Jeff the best of luck as he leaves Marist for a very specific and compelling NBA opportunity." The Pistons went 29-53 last season, missing the playoffs for a fifth straight year. That was the end of Joe Dumars tenure as team president. Van Gundys coaching is well respected -- he went 371-208 in seven-plus seasons with Miami and Orlando -- but now hell have the added responsibility of handling personnel matters. Its rare for one person to have that much control in the NBA, so Bower may play an important role in shaping the franchises future. Virgil van Dijk Jersey . Jannero Pargo scored 14 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter to help the Charlotte Bobcats erase a 21-point deficit and rally for an 83-76 preseason victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday night. Bas Dost Jersey .J. -- Patrick Sharp is on one of those streaks. http://www.soccernetherlandsshop.us/Wesley-Sneijder-Netherland-Jersey/ .S. Basketball Writers Association. McDermott, who finished his career at Creighton as college basketballs fifth-leading scorer, accepted the honour from Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson at AT&T Stadium, site of the Final Four. SONOMA, Calif. -- Carl Edwards has never been known for his road racing skills -- to the point team owner Jack Roush had to send him testing in a two-seater so Boris Said could teach him the basics. A decade later, Edwards finally has a win to show for his hard work. And, he beat road racing ace Jeff Gordon to get to Victory Lane on Sunday at Sonoma Raceway, where Gordon leads all drivers with five wins. "My road racing progression, its been a pretty long climb," Edwards said. "The real special part to me was to stand in Victory Lane at Sonoma and have Jeff Gordon come and give me a handshake as the second-place finisher. I grew up watching Jeff Gordon, and specifically watching how he drove this race track and all the successes he had here, so I mean, thats really super. Its something Ill never forget." Edwards win made Roush Fenway Racing the unlikely organization to end Hendrick Motorsports five-race winning streak. And, the win came a week after Roush was shut out at Michigan, where the organization failed to put a car in the top 10 for the first time since 2000. Edwards took the lead on a restart with 25 laps remaining and seemed to have the win wrapped up until Gordon nearly chased him down on the final lap. Gordon had one good look at Edwards and couldnt pull off the pass. "That last lap was ugly," Edwards said of trying to hold off Gordon. It wasnt a terrible day for the Hendrick organization, which had won every Sprint Cup Series race since Gordons victory at Kansas on May 10. Instead, HMS settled for all four of its drivers finishing in the top seven. Gordon, the Sprint Cup Series points leader, wound up second. He said he made one mistake in overdriving a turn with about five laps to go that allowed Edwards to build a healthy lead. "I just couldnt put enough pressure on him," Gordon said. "I think had I put some more pressure on him, I saw him really struggling with the (tire) grip level, but he did everything he needed to do. That last lap, I gave it my best effort and closed up on him and he didnt overdrive it. I was hoping he might slide up and Id get a run on him." Dale Earnhardt Jr. was third after rallying from an inciident that wrecked Matt Kenseth, and was apologetic on the radio and after the race. Kenneth Vermeer Jersey. "I tried to screw it up a couple times in the race, but I calmed down and was able to get a good finish," Earnhardt said after his career-best finish on a road course. "I got into Matt, I jumped a curb and jumped into the air and just ran into him. Totally my fault. I hope hes not sore with me." Kasey Kahne bounced back from an early flat tire to finish sixth and Jimmie Johnson was seventh. In all, Chevrolet drivers took spots two through seven as pole-sitter Jamie McMurray, using a Hendrick engine, finished fourth and Paul Menard was fifth. Fords rounded out the top 10, led by Edwards, Marcos Ambrose eighth and Roush driver Greg Biffle was 10th. The highest-finishing Toyota was Clint Bowyer in 11th. Bowyer was the leader on a restart with 31 laps to go, was passed by Ambrose, and then got a flat left rear tire. The tire problem led to Jamie McMurray turning Bowyer, and as Bowyers car was stopped in the middle of the track, bottleneck traffic caused Kevin Harvick to run into Bowyer. "We got ourselves in position and had a flat. It was going down and I was all over the place," he said. "Jamie just kind of finished me up and got me out of the way. Bad luck, man." Edwards win is his first career victory on a road course, and hed never been higher than third at Sonoma. More important, it was his second win of this season and locks him into the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship field. It was Edwards 23rd win of his career, the 135th Sprint Cup Series victory for car owner Jack Roush, and it made Edwards the 10th consecutive different winner at Sonoma. Crew chief Jimmy Fennig said the race played into their hands after pitting with 40 to go and then a caution came out and Fennig made the call to not bring Edwards in a second time under yellow. The strategy moved Edwards toward the front of the field and he moved his way to the front. "When you got somebody like Carl behind the wheel, and you put him out front, hes going to get it done," Fennig said. "To have two wins right now and to be locked in really feels good." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Gast

Beitrag drucken  Beitrag speichern
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde 
Foren-Übersicht » When you got somebody like Carl behind the wheel,

Dieses Thema speichern

Deine Berechtigungen 
Gehe zu:  

Pagerank: PAGERANK-SERVICE